Tina Havelock Stevens | 9 February – 19 April
ROOM SHEET ESSAY
ARTIST LED AUDIO TOUR
Tina Havelock Stevens’ works encourage an experience of the world that is attuned to emotional responses, to the rhythm and movement of structures and environments that we inhabit and traverse. She brings together her energy and drive as a drummer and performer with the inquiry and observation of her experience as a documentary film-maker. Present in her works is an innate aural and visual intuition. They offer the experience of suspended time, gauging the cerebral temperature and tempo of passing moments.
“I love things that travel and soar. I love quiet and loud. Fast and slow. I love minor chords, intuitive surprises and whatever that equivalent is in all of my visual work too. I like that an audience can share an experience but have multiple perspectives.” – Tina Havelock Stevens
• ‘HOLUS BOLUS’, 2020, Gold neon, 152 cm x 20 cm, 1/3 + 1AP. Photos by Bo Wong.
• ‘Ghost Class’, 2015 , HD video with sound, 10:59.
• ‘THUNDERHEAD’, 2016, HD Video with sound by Tina Havelock Stevens and Liberty Kerr, Infinite loop.
• ‘Let’s Groove’, 2017, HD video with sound, 8:50.
• Come Together, Right Now, 2006/2018, Digitised super 8 film with sound, 4:59.